Those of you using Groove 2007 are probably well aware of the annoying popup dialog that appears when the shift key is pressed more than once. This issue is exacerbated when inside a remote desktop or terminal session. Finally, I found a fix…
To resolve this problem, follow these steps.
1. Exit Groove 2007.
2. Click Start, click Run, type regedit.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
4. If Groove does not contain an InstaGroove key, create it. To do this, point to New on the Edit menu, click Key, and then enter the name InstaGroove.
5. Click to select InstaGroove.
6. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
7. Enter the name DisableHotkey.
8. Right-click DisableHotkey, and then click Modify.
9. Under Value data, type 1, and then click OK.
10. Exit Registry Editor.
11. Start Groove 2007.